I’m working on my first Raspberry Pi 2 Model B project just to test the latest hardware in the market. I will start baby step for this project, learning the Raspberry Pi robotics and beyond I hope.
Here are the parts I bought to start my Raspberry Pi Robot.
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with 8GB Micro SD card preloaded with NOOBS. $39.99 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B01A5R8GQW/quecom-20
- Tontec® 3.5 Inches Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi Display TFT Monitor 480×320 LCD Touchscreen Kit with Transparent Case for Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and. This is optional but I bought anyway so I have to test the touch screen for Raspberry Pi, cost is $49.99 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00NANNJLQ/quecom-20
- AA Battery Portable Charger Power Pack Power Supply / UPS for the Raspberry Pi Model B / Model B+ / Model A+ Motherboard. Of course you can use any micro-USB cable to power your Raspberry Pi, cost is $14.95 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00TYVBIGG/quecom-20
- Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, Nano Size Lets You Plug it and Forget it, Ideal for Raspberry Pi / Pi2. You got to control your robot, let’s go wireless. Hopefully I can make this robot become autonomous, cost is $9.99 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003MTTJOY/quecom-20
- Kootek GY-521 MPU-6050 MPU6050 Module 3 Axis analog gyro sensors+ 3 Axis Accelerometer Module. This is for self-standing robot feature, cost is $5.99 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B008BOPN40/quecom-20
- L293D Stepper Motor Driver, cost is $6.74 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003MTTJOY/quecom-20
- 2WD Motor Robot Car Chassis Kit. I search Amazon for a 2 wheel motor robot car that I can use for this project, cost is $12.88 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00UN7M16G/quecom-20
- MB102 Breadboard power module + 830 tie point Experiment Mini Breadboard w/Jumper Wires for integration of other parts of the robot, cost is $8.99 at http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B013W63LUO/quecom-20
A sub-total of $149.52, not bad compare to my other robot project.
Please come back again for updates … use the comment below to post your feedback or suggestions.